PHONE: 1-888-207-1663

Jeep Vehicles Move to Top 20 Best-Selling List for April


The 2015 Jeep Wrangler has jumped onto the Top 20 of the automaker’s best-selling vehicles. It was a familiar story at the top of April’s top 20 best-selling vehicles with full-size pickup trucks like Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado and Ram 1500-3500; rounding out the top 3 according to Autodata. Coming in at number 4 and 5 are Toyota’s Camry and Corolla, respectively making them the best-selling sedans in America.

All of these figures at the top of the list were not surprising. It was towards the bottom of the list that the Jeep Wrangler made its official debut. Wrangler sales soared to 18,849, which is a 22 percent increase over the last year.

The Wrangler came in at #19, just one behind its cousin the Chrysler 200 sedan. At #17 was the Jeep Cherokee, which had its second straight record-braking month of over 19,000 vehicles sold. This represents a 27% jump in sales over the previous year, making the Cherokee the leading Jeep brand for a record braking second month. These impressive sales numbers helped to lift FAC sales by 6% so far for the year, thanks to outlets like Henderson Jeep dealer.

According to John Krafcik, president of TrueCar, the auto research and buying website, FCA has done some amazing things with Jeep.

Jeep was able to get two different vehicles into the top 20 best sellers, both close to and over the 19,000 mark in April. This says a lot in the truck-oriented market and speaks to the power of the crossover. However Jeep’s powerful brand also played a role in the increased sales.

Jeep has been known for its rugged off-road, take-you-anywhere adventure lifestyle. Even if those actual adventures are few and far between, buyers still take comfort in the fact that their Jeep is capable of providing that adventure any time.

Other notable crossovers included the Honda CR-V, which moved up to 6th place in April from 9th place in March. The Chevrolet Equinox crossover made a big jump up to 7th place from 15th place in March.

The huge drop in gas prices from a year ago, from $3.69 to an average of $2.60 a gallon, also played a part in the increased sales of SUVs.

Overall 54 percent of sales in April were attributed to light trucks including SUVs, while cars made up the other 46 percent, according to Autodata Corp.

See all the newest model Jeeps at Chapman Jeep.

There are currenly no comments. Leave a comment below.

Leave a Comment